Monday, October 31, 2011

I Survived!

Wow, happy to say my return wasn't as bad as other times I've returned from long vacations.  No real problems though there was a small red tote of crap for me.  For a Monday, we were pretty busy as usual but then I got a call from a discharge nurse, "I'd like to call in a few rx's for my patient."  I told her no problem.  SIX verbal rx's later, she didn't seem to be stopping so I asked how many she had to call in.  She told me she had 10 rx's so I gave her a lecture on how she should just fax discharge scripts to us since we don't have time, especially on a Monday to take so many verbals.  She said she could fax them but the order wasn't signed yet.  If the order wasn't signed by the MD, do you think it's a good idea to call them in?  Are they even finalized?  I told her to just keep going since we were past the halfway point and then we're up to TWELVE rx's.  WTF did I miss something?  Then she says she has TWO more!  I took them but what the F?  10 minutes later she calls back to tell me she has to change the directions on one.  See heffa?  1 hour later she says she's got 2 more and by then I wasn't getting killed so I told her to just fax the 2 to me.  Instead, she faxes all 16 rx's to me!  Bitch!  If you're so inefficient with me, I can't even imagine what kind of nursing care you offer your patients!

No comments:

Post a Comment